Tuesday 31 July 2012

Lament of the Fallen

Canon Rebel, ISO 400, f 2.0, shutter 1/160, 50mm
This photo was taken about 3 years ago, while doing a photo shoot in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery.   The model wanted a few creepy images for her portfolio, as well as a few posed, more demure photos...I was happy to oblige.

Actually, here's a couple pictures of the model from that day, so you can get an idea of what we wanted to achieve:




We were pretty much finished, and I saw this bright leaf on the edge of an eroding tomb.  It was the perfect contrast, as well as one of the first signs of Autumn I had seen that year.  I actually wrote a little poem to represent it, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere!  I looked in books and all the hard drives:/  Oh well, I'm sure I'll find it when it doesn't matter...then I'll update this post!

I can tell you it was called "The Lament of a Leaf in October", so you can get the idea of how the poem felt emotionally, anyways.



No comments:

Post a Comment