Tuesday 17 July 2012

Eye to Snake Eyes

Canon Rebel, ISO 200, f 6.4, shutter 1/100, 55mm flash and softbox lighting





This picture was part of one of my first professional corporate shoots.  You can see more images from that session on my website and all of the images on the business website of Whimz:  http://whimzonline.com/

I was really excited to be involved with these photos of people (from children to adults) interacting with the animals.  All of the kids were great, and for the most part the animals cooperated as well.  I learned how to set up proper lighting on that shoot, having purchased a set of soft boxes earlier in the year.  The background wasn't the greatest, and I didn't have my own backdrops at that point.  So I had to utilize what little Photoshop skills I possessed at the time (and learned a lot in the process!) to make the images cleaner. 

Overall I was really happy with how they turned out, and so was the business owner...she has made me the official photographer of her advertising and I've done a few other shoots with her and the animals in the last couple years:) 

Anyways, this became the start of a great business relationship, and this specific image is still one of my favourites!  The snake was being held by an employee off-camera, and the little girl was perfect in how she reacted and interacted with the snake.  Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment