Wednesday 11 July 2012

After the Rain

Canon Rebel xs, ISO 400, f 7.0, shutter 1/125, 55mm

May 17, 2011
Backyard, Lily leaves after a rain storm.

It had rained for three days in a row, which is something I'm actually wishing would happen this week (my lawns are suffering!).  I recall at the time, I was doing a lot of reading and internet searches on water drop photography.  I was, and still am fascinated by macro imaging.  So I decided to experiment even though, as I mentioned in my last post, I don't have an actual macro lens so I can't get as close as I'd really like to.

As soon as the rain stopped, I grabbed my camera and headed into the little backyard.  My eyes were on "terminator scan"mode, as I like to call it, as I searched every plant and flower for the perfect arrangement of drops.  I was very pleased with my first attempt at this type of photography, and I think I managed to take a fair amount of good shots!  It's all, you know, practice makes better (if you think you're perfect, you really have a lot to learn...) but my confidence surely went up a few notches.

By the way, if you like this image, it IS available for purchase (along with many others) from my online store:

http://www.cafepress.ca/johnstonephotography


Thanks for reading and sharing.  Remember, if you like this blog, please vote for me on photography-blogs.org to help boost my ratings!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment