Monday 2 July 2012

Close-up Bike parts


Taken in April of 2010, this is one of an experimental series I took one lazy afternoon.  The bikes were hanging out on the deck as we were moving things around in the garage, and I was in "the zone".  You know what I'm talking about.  No matter what your profession or interests, there are moments where you are simply completely involved.  When I look at this picture, I actually almost feel the same way all over again.  Caught in the moment and lost in the image.  I started taking pictures of whatever was within 20 feet of where I was standing, basically setting up each shot in my mind.  The image above is unedited.  It was a good day to practice.  I remember one day not too long ago where I spent an hour taking photos of one dried flower, placing it in different positions and lighting...I kind of get absorbed that way at times.  I prefer "absorbed" rather than "obsessed", although that's like the difference between being fussy and simply liking things done in a particular way.  Not very different.

Plus, as soon as I saw this picture whilst sifting through photos today, I was reminded that I haven't ridden my bike in a long time.  I should get some air into those tires and start riding again!  I'm also reminded that I'm quite the procrastinator, as I've been saying this for a while.  I think that's the biggest challenge for me in doing this blog.  I actually have to write something every day in order to remain honest in my goals.  I'm truly excited about this venture!

So, ummm, tomorrow I'll look for the tire air pump...

No comments:

Post a Comment