Tuesday 7 August 2012

World Askew

Canon Rebel, ISO 100, f 12, shutter 1/160, 15mm fisheye
May 2010

So this was one of my first times using a fish eye lens.  I'd rented one to test for a weekend, then bought this attachment lens on ebay since I couldn't afford a fixed lens.  This lens attaches on to my 18-55mm lens, and works pretty well.  This photo was taken while camping at one of my favourite places, a provincial park called Silent Lake.  It's just south of Algonquin Park, but it's typically less busy and the private campsites are surrounded by woods:)

I was just lamenting on my facebook page as to why I haven't been camping yet this year!  We'd go camping every year when I was a kid, mostly because I grew up in a single parent household and it was an inexpensive vacation...but still I actually loved it (except for the bugs, of course) and try to still get out into the woods once a year.  This year has been crazy busy and full of life event/changes so it's understandable why I haven't found the time to get away.  But I'd still like to try before winter comes back!

P.S check out my upcoming event!  It's an art show/wine tasting fundraiser:)

http://www.johnstonephotography.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment